Please join our many supporters in securing the future of MCO. Your tax-deductible support for our artistic excellence will help us to build a long-term sustainable future for the orchestra.
Why support us
Melbourne Chamber Orchestra anchors Melbourne’s place as a world city for music. Our city has a great community of musicians; a community that thrives on the opportunities provided by the MCO. Our orchestra, more often than any other, offers audiences the opportunity to enjoy our world-class local artists as soloists, leaders and composers.
Our ability to perform concerts at an international level is due in large part to the generosity of our many supporters who enjoy our music and believe in local, professional music-making. While other orchestras receive millions in government grants, MCO receives no operational funding from the state or federal government; our only government support is targeted at discrete projects such as our regional touring programs. Subscription and ticket sales cover only a third of our operational costs.
Our key areas of need
- Artistic Support: funds to support more performers to play a more varied repertoire, soloists fees, and rehearsal costs
- Operational Support: funds to support our operations, particularly to develop new audiences and receive better support from philanthropic and government sources
- Touring support: funds to support the quality and variety of our regional touring, and education programs.
How to make a personal donation
Melbourne Chamber Orchestra
Suite 110, 282 Collins Street
- Call MCO during business hours on (03) 9650 3365
- Make a direct deposit to our bank account. Please call us (03) 9650 3365 for bank account details.
All gifts to MCO over $2 are tax-deductible. All support over $1000 in a 12-month period is acknowledged through our Giving Circle Program.
Donors considering making a donation to MCO are invited to contact our Executive Director, Richard Jackson, on (03) 9650 3365 or email@example.com.
Become a corporate partner
If you are interested in partnering with MCO as a business, please contact our Executive Director, Richard Jackson, on (03) 9650 3365 or firstname.lastname@example.org