Please join our many supporters in securing the future of MCO. Your tax-deductible support for our artistic excellence will help us to build a long-term sustainable future for the orchestra.
Your support: Bringing local chamber music to life
Our vision is for a Melbourne-based orchestra that stands with the great chamber orchestras of the world, bringing Victorian artists and audiences together through the power of chamber music.
The orchestra now presents over 40 performances a year, thrilling audiences with the best and brightest of Victoria’s chamber musicians The orchestra is recognised for its contributions to Victorian touring and to the development of artists in the early part of their careers.
Your support will help us as we grow towards our ambitions, with more quality performances, extraordinary international soloists and the state’s richest year-long professional chamber music program. Donations from individuals comprise 25% of our budget while state operational support is less than 10%. Each gift makes a difference to our future and the future of Victorian chamber music.
Your gift has a real and immediate impact:
- $185 supports the cost of one rehearsal for one principal musician
- $400 supports the transcription of a rare work for which parts or a score do not exist
- $700 supports a musician on a short tour of regional Victoria
- $1,000 supports a brass or wind principal for a Melbourne-only project
- $2,500 supports a string principal for a typical Victorian touring program
- $5,750 supports a rehearsal with 25 musicians (e.g. a Mozart concerto)
How you made a difference…
Thanks to your support in 2016 we were able to:
- Contribute to the careers of over 65 Victorian chamber musicians, strengthening our vibrant fine music sector
- Engage leading solo artists including soprano Sara Macliver and pianist David Fung
- Support the engagement of 12 early-career musicians to develop the orchestras of the future
- Perform in 24 centres across Victoria for a touring audience of over 4000, across eight touring projects
- Present 33 performances including 39 works for over 9,500 audience in total.
How to make a personal donation
Melbourne Chamber Orchestra
Suite 110, 282 Collins Street
- Call MCO during business hours on (03) 9650 3365
- Make a direct deposit to our bank account. Please call us (03) 9650 3365 for bank account details.
All gifts to MCO over $2 are tax-deductible. All support over $1000 in a 12-month period is acknowledged through our Giving Circle Program.
Donors considering making a donation to MCO are invited to contact our Executive Director, Richard Jackson, on (03) 9650 3365 or email@example.com.
Become a corporate partner
If you are interested in partnering with MCO as a business, please contact our Executive Director, Richard Jackson, on (03) 9650 3365 or firstname.lastname@example.org