The orchestra seeks a well-organised, experienced Business Manager to manage its day-to-day financial and administrative functions. As the first point of contact for many of our audience, you’ll have exceptional customer service ethic and outstanding written and verbal communication skills. You’ll also have experience in handling transactions through accounting systems and an eye for detail.
The ideal applicant will:
- have at least intermediate knowledge of book-keeping and accounting methodologies
- demonstrate experience in managing the accounts process of an organisation
- have knowledge of the use of databases (for example Salesforce)
- possess intermediate to high-level computer literacy, including use of word processing and spreadsheets
- exhibit a strong customer service ethic
- have previous experience managing a similar portfolio of tasks
Applications Extended: now close Wednesday 16 June.
For full application information and how to apply, please download the
MCO is a not-for-profit orchestra and receives only around 5% of its annual operational funding from governments. We couldn’t continue to bring our concerts to you without the wonderful support of our volunteers. Volunteering positions include general administrative, front of house, data entry, marketing and fundraising support. You may have valuable skills that MCO could use!
If you would be interested in volunteering your time, please call us on (03) 9119 1599 to discuss or complete a Volunteer Application Form and return it to MCO. At present we are not actively recruiting new volunteers for office-based roles.
MCO is a professional orchestra. MCO performers have tertiary-level qualifications in music and have many years of orchestral and chamber music experience.