Your health and wellbeing and that of all of patrons, performers, and staff, is very important to us.
When attending a performance, we all need to plan ahead, to consider others, and to play our part in helping to reduce the spread of COVID-19. As part of this responsibility, Melbourne Chamber Orchestra has developed a COVIDSafe Plan that outlines our commitments and obligations to our audiences.
For events MCO is the venue manager for a performance, MCO’s Event Plan will also be available on the event’s page on our website.
While we are required to operate under COVID-19 restrictions, we ask your assistance and cooperation in helping us to reduce the spread of COVID-19 by:
- Reading the two-page summary (p.3-4) of our COVIDSafe plan prior to attending any Melbourne Chamber Orchestra performance
- If you use public transport, reading the ‘Traveller Tips’ on the Public Transport Victoria website
- Staying home and getting a COVID-19 test if you are feeling unwell, even if you have the mildest of symptoms
- Practicing good hygiene, by:
- Washing your hands with soap and water before travelling to the performance venue, and whenever you go to the bathroom
- Sneezing or coughing into a tissue, or the inside of your elbow
- Using the provided alcohol-based hand sanitiser at the entrance to the performance venue
- Remembering to maintain social distancing, by keeping at least 1.5 metres away from others wherever possible
- Wearing a fitted facemask at all times whilst in public
- Refraining from rearranging any seating or furniture at the performance venue
Conditions of sale and of admittance to performance venue:
Melbourne Chamber Orchestra is required by WorkSafe, Victoria Police, Emergency Management Victoria, and the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services to adhere to certain requirements in order to keep all audience members, musicians, and staff safe. By purchasing this ticket, you agree to the following conditions:
- I will wear a fitted face mask at all times when in public, including in the immediate outdoor vicinity of the performance venue, and inside the performance venue. I understand that if I do not comply with this requirement, I may be refused entry to the venue even if I am lawfully exempt from wearing a face mask
- I will apply the alcohol-based hand sanitiser provided at the entrance to the performance venue, prior to entering
- Where applicable, I will submit to a contactless temperature check using a battery-powered infrared thermometer, and will be refused entry if my temperature is above 37.5 degrees Celsius
- I will undertake, wherever possible, to maintain physical distancing of at least 1.5 metres from others
- MCO and its venues have a zero-tolerance policy to aggressive behaviour. We reserve the right to any action in relation to inappropriate behaviour.