Music matters. As a unique orchestra in a unique city and state, benefactors like you are vital to our future. The orchestra operates as an independent, not-for-profit organisation, without core government funding. For this reason, the support of each member of our community has a critical impact on the orchestra’s continued excellence and its outreach across Victoria.
Our 2015 Annual Campaign highlights the ways in which your donation can sustain our music now and tomorrow. Please play your part in enabling great music by giving generously to this year’s Campaign. For some examples of how donor giving makes a difference to MCO, please see the attached brochure. Every gift, large or small, enables the orchestra and has a positive impact on music making in Melbourne.
All donations over $2 are fully tax-deductible. Donors giving $1000 or more are recognised as members of our Giving Circle on our website and in printed programs, unless anonymity is requested.
Click the ‘Donate’ button to donate online to the Chair’s Artistic Fund:
SUPPORT OUR MUSIC – The Chair’s Artistic Fund
MCO’s Chair, JoAnne Stephenson, established this Fund to directly support the artistic programming of MCO. The orchestra, soloists, composers and conductors of MCO are professional and the direct artistic costs of a single program can be in excess of $50,000.
Examples of the impact your support will have:
- $100 supports the hire or purchase of a short piece of music
- $200 supports the costs of one rehearsal with one core player
- $700 supports an additional brass or wind player for a city performance
- $1,000 supports a principals’ rehearsal to fine-tune the orchestra’s performance
- $2,500 supports a Core MCO musician for a touring program
- $5,000 supports a touring performance in a Victorian community with limited access to live music
- $12,000 supports a leading internationally-based soloist for a city program, including travel
THE IMPACT OF YOUR GIVING
Thanks to your support in 2014 we were able to:
- contribute to the careers of over 60 Victorian chamber musicians, strengthening our vibrant fine music sector
- perform to an audience of over 10,000 across Victoria
- play a record 23 touring performances across the state, making MCO one of Australia’s most active tourers of fine music.
- present artistic highlights including the Melbourne premiere of Rodelinda with Richard Bonynge; a double-orchestra collaboration with ANAM; and appearances at the Port Fairy Spring Music Festival
- pioneer new ensembles, including our flagship chamber ensemble Australian Octet and touring string orchestra MCO Virtuosi, to diversify the range of music being presented by the orchestra
- offer education programs in five regional centres in 2015, providing unique opportunities to talented young string players
For a full summary of MCO’s recent activities, please download our Report to the Community.
Send William Hennessy a birthday message!
|Our Artistic Director William Hennessy turns 60 in August. Make a donation of $60 or more and write a short birthday greeting that we’ll print in a special commemorative program for the Melbourne performance of Souvenir de Florence. (Messages from anonymous donors will not include the donor’s name.)|
HOW TO GIVE LIFE TO THE MUSIC YOU LOVE
MCO is a deductible gift recipient (DGR) and all donations over $2 are tax-deductible.
- Please complete the gift form on the back of the attached letter and return it with your cheque or credit card details to
Melbourne Chamber Orchestra
Reply Paid 88660
Melbourne VIC 3000
- Visit our online donation portal by clicking the ‘Donate’ button below.
All online donations through this portal are directed to the Chair’s Artistic Fund. If you would like to direct an online donation to another fund, please identify it in the Special Message field as you complete your donation.
- Telephone the MCO Office on (03) 9650 3365 during business hours to make an immediate credit card donation (Visa, Mastercard & AMEX)
- Make a direct deposit to our bank account. To help us identify your gift, and send you a tax receipt, please use the following reference when you make your gift: your initials, surname and ‘AC’ for Annual Campaign, e.g. ‘JD Citizen AC’.
Our bank details are:
Acc. Name: Melbourne Chamber Orchestra
BSB: 083-298 Acc. No: 568 674 761